Cross-Fertilization: Learning From Mediators Who Do Different Stuff Than You Do. On May 19, from 3:30 to 5:00, the Center for Conflict Resolution and the Association of Attorney Mediators will jointly present a program in which both the panel and audience will be made up of a broad mix of mediators from different areas to discuss how we deal with the key aspects of a mediation. The following panel members will discuss how they approach such topics as opening statements, use of joint sessions, dealing with parties’ emotions, and evaluative versus facilitative techniques:
- Hon. Wayne Anderson: Retired judge, mediator with JAMS.
- Hon. Jeffrey Gilbert: Magistrate, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Faustin Pipal: Personal injury mediator with Resolute Systems.
- Lisa Fielding: Mediator with the EEOC.
- Rae Kyritsi: Programs Director, Center for Conflict Resolution.
- Cookie Levitz: Family law mediator with the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- Lynn Cohen: Director, Center on Mediation and Negotiation, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
The program will take via Zoom, so if you intend to come you need to RSVP to Maia Buess at email@example.com. We expect to receive Illinois CLE credit for attorneys.