Cross-Fertilization: Learning From Mediators Who Do Different Stuff Than You Do. On May 19, from 3:30 to 5:00, the Center for Conflict Resolution and the Association of Attorney Mediators will jointly present a program in which both the panel and audience will be made up of a broad mix of mediators from different areas to discuss how we deal with the key aspects of a mediation. The following panel members will discuss how they approach such topics as opening statements, use of joint sessions, dealing with parties’ emotions, and evaluative versus facilitative techniques:
- Hon. Wayne Anderson: Retired judge, mediator with JAMS.
- Hon. Jeffrey Gilbert: Magistrate, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Faustin Pipal: Personal injury mediator with Resolute Systems.
- Lisa Fielding: Mediator with the EEOC.
- Rae Kyritsi: Programs Director, Center for Conflict Resolution.
- Cookie Levitz: Family law mediator with the Circuit Court of Cook County.
- Lynn Cohen: Director, Center on Mediation and Negotiation, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
The program will take via Zoom, so if you intend to come you need to RSVP to Maia Buess at [email protected]. We expect to receive Illinois CLE credit for attorneys.